Freeport is a community of 26,000 people located in the rolling hills of the northwest Illinois
driftless area. Just a short drive to Chicago, Milwaukee, Rockford, Quad Cities, Madison, and
Dubuque, Freeport is highly accessible. Freeport is also located within a cluster of food and arts-based
tourism and is located along the highly traveled corridor of Highway 20 that connects
Chicago with Freeport, Galena, and Dubuque.
Some of Freeport’s many assets include:
– A vibrant, historic downtown with well-preserved architecture, a new state-of-the-art
downtown library, and striking historic residences in nearby neighborhoods
– An excellent school system including a Grammy Award-winning music program
– An abundance of recreational opportunities including over 800 acres of parkland, paddling
in the Pecatonica River and Yellow Creek, a connection to Illinois’ Grand Illinois Trail and
Wisconsin’s Badger State Trail, and the brand new Wrigley-field inspired Little Cubs Field
– Home of several major employers including Fortune 500 Newell Rubbermaid, Honeywell,
and several major insurance companies
– A rich arts community and arts venues including the Freeport Arts Center with an
impressive collection of 4,000 artifacts from all continents and all time periods; and
Winneshiek Theatre, the country’s longest running amateur theater
– Leading edge hospital and cancer center
Looking for Affordable
or Living Space?
We need your
thoughts and opinions.
THE SURVEY IS WAITING
FOR YOU AT